• Indirect fire means firing a projectile without relying on a direct line of sight between the gun and its target as the case in direct firing.
• The target is acquired through an observation post, located in place where the target can be seen though calculating direction and distance.
• Indirect fire includes correcting aim through observing the fall of a shot and computation of angles.
• Forward Observers Simulator trains officers in localizing, determine the target coordinates acquiring, enemy targets, using various observation instruments such as the director, binocular, laser range finder, goniometer etc. It also trains them to manage engaging the enemy targets
• It provides indoor training environment.
• It provides a comprehensive training on the duties of the forward observers with regard to various targets.
• Can be used for different levels of training
• It provides training on various observation instruments such as the director, binocular, laser range finder, goniometer etc.
• It provides training on different and wide range of terrains as shown on the map.
• It contains adequate land marks and land reference points for target indication.
• It simulates realistic artillery sounds
• It allows simultaneous application of multiple environmental effects
• It provides various types of static and moving targets
• It produces numerous blast effects of artillery shells.
• It provides a retrievable and modifiable database on trainee information
• It supports different types of artillery and simulates the effect of shell fall, trajectory and ballistic effects.
• It provides a report evaluating a trainee performance